Sneak peek at our December issue on sale 20 Nov!
19 November 2014
Ahh Christmas. Not enough sparkle and you're the Grinch, too much and you're the festive episode of Eastenders. It's a fine line, getting it right, and we at Knitting HQ love the Christmas period so spend an extra amount of time and effort making sure we do get it right. And this year we think we've got it pretty near perfect.
Our December issue brings you a beautiful collection of glamorous, elegant and warm knits that ooze style and will take you through any festive occasion looking, frankly, the best dressed person in the room. Don't just take our word for it, have a look.
We also have some fantastic jumpers to keep you warm and snuggly, and, of course, still on-trend. You can't move for faux fur this year, whether in pretty pastels or funky brights. We went for this gorgeous icy blue to stay on the right side of taste. With Christmas jumpers on the other hand, taste doesn't ussully come in to it. We had some fantastic entries to our Christmas jumper design competition but Lesley Fidler's Christmas boxes was a clear winner. Fun, classic and beautifully made, we all wanted to take this one home.
We also have some fantastic accessories in this issue. Whether you want to whip them up as presents or keep them for yourself is up to you (we won't judge).
Also, don't miss in this issue:
- 30 relaxed knits - women's, men's, children's, babies, home and accessories
- EXCLUSIVE patterns – Horseshoe lace jumper, Beaded peplum top, Snowdrops jumper, Cable and Fairisle jumper, Christmas Boxes jumper, Aspen sweater, Beaded lace jumper, Luxury cardigan, Class Act men's sweater
- EXCLUSIVE Accessories – Luxury bobble wrap, Pretty Fairisle mitts, Christmas stocking, Bedroom throw, Sequin cushion
- Cute knits for kids - Boy's jumper and ear hat, Boy's hooded jumper, Girl's Norwegian jumper, Girl's cardigan, Penguin toy, Snowflake bear
- EXTRA 'GIFTS TO KNIT' – Snowstorm wrist warmers, Cha-Ching mitts, Mori collar and houndstooth bobble hat, Swingboat chunky scarf, Camilla cable hat, Short row ruffles shawl, Cracking Christmas dog coat, Rosebud party pumps, Bunny toy
- Spotlight on - Simmer and sparkle
- FEATURE Twentieth Centruy Knits – Explore the KNITWEAR Chanel to Westwood exhibition at the Fashion and Textile Museum
- FEATURE The Great Christmas Knit Off - Meet author Alexandra Brown and your chance to win a copy of her book!
- DESIGN COMPETITION - Design a teddy for Hope for Chldren
And, of course, all the usual news, reviews, competitions, products and events you expect from your favourite Knitting magazine.