Take ten... Mary Williams
Monday, October 22, 2012
Karen Bamford snatches ten minutes with doll maker Mary Williams
- In the miniatures world I'm best know for… porcelain dolls.
- Period perfectionist or anything goes? Perfectionist.
- My favourite scale is… 1/12th.
- When I'm not making miniatures, I'm… gardening or playing with my new granddaughter.
- My best moment was… retiring after 30 years in the police force.
- My most embarrassing memory is… walking out of the Ladies with my skirt tucked on my knickers in a packed pub full of dart players.
- My dream dolls' house would look like… The Queen's Dolls House.
- I'd love to have dinner with… Jamie Carrington.
- The best advice I've ever had was… 'Keep at it' when starting out with my dolls, from a very experienced doll maker.
- My favourite film is… Gone with the Wind because of the costumes.
Find out more about Mary's dolls at www.dollshousedolls.co.uk